Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"How much are you willing to be hated?"




“We are in an interesting battle, whether we realise it or not, in this world. It’s a battle between life and death. What side are you on?”


“I know, along my journey, I am already hated because I declare life!”


“How much are you willing to take, and how much are you willing to risk, to speak the truth in love and graciousness, and stand up and, at least, be willing to be hated?”


“There was not a radical feminist, standing up and yelling about how my rights had been violated that day. In fact my life was being snuffed out in the name of womens rights.”


“There are things that you are only able to learn by the weakest among us. And when you snuff them out you are the one that looses. The Lord looks after them but you are the one who will suffer for ever.”


“And what arrogance, what absolute arrogance, and it has been an arguement for so long in this human place that we live, that the stronger should dominate the weaker, should determine who lives and dies. The arrogance of that! Don’t you realise that you cannot make your own heart beat. Don’t you realise that all the power that you think that you possess you really possess none of it. It is the mercy of God that sustains you, even when you hate Him.”


“We misunderstand how beautiful suffering can be. I don’t willingly sign up for it, but when it comes, we forget that God is in control and God has a way of making the most miserable thing beautiful.”


“Men, you are made for greatness. You are made to stand up and be men. You are made to defend women and children, not stand by, and turn your head, when you know murder is occurring and do nothing about it. You are not made to use women and leave us alone. You are made to be kind and great and gracious and strong and stand for something because men, listen to me, I am too tired to do your job.”


“Women, you are not made for abuse. You are not made to sit and not know your worth and your value. You are made to be fought for, forever.”


“So now is your moment, what sort of people are you going to be? I trust, incredible. I trust, men, you will rise to the occassion. To the politians listening, particularly to the men, I would say this, you are made for greatness, set your politics aside. You are made to defend what is right and good, this fiery young girl will stand here and say, now it your moment. What sort of man do you want to be? A man obsessed with your own glory or a man obsessed with the glory of God? It’s time to take a stand, Victoria. This is your hour. God will assist you. God will be with you. You have the opportunity to glorify and honour God in 2008.”


“Some of you might be slightly annoyed that all I keep doing is talking about God and Jesus but how on earth can I walk about, limping through this world and not give ALL my heart and mind and soul and strength to the Christ who gave me life! So if you think I am a fool, it’s just another jewel in my crown. My whole intent in living here is to make God smile.”

No comments: